2 replies to this topic

#1 Diceman

Diceman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm a new rookie PY owner. I purchased a 1978 26 ft Sportfish in July and I will be pulling it for the winter in the next few weeks. I would like to do some upgrades and repairs to her while she out of the water as well as chase dead wireing. Does anyone have information on where I could obtain original gauges for the flybridge? Thanks, I hope I get to chat with a few of you as this is my 1st PY and I intend to keep her for a long time. I'm dumb as a box of rocks in many mechanical areas so any advice or guidelines I can get will be appreciated. The boats name is GOAT LOCKER and if there are any retired squids out there you will know what that means. Have a great week!

Diceman in MD

#2 gerald

gerald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

TJ may still have some contact him. you can find him on the tpo of the page when you turn off your popup blocker. i think the only other way to get them will to be to find a similar year PY and take them out.

i would recommend buying a full set on ebay. i always wanted a 5000rpm tach, and 50 mph speedo. make certain the tach will read 8 cyl, and is not a diesel tach.
jerry
On the Potomac, 10 miles south of the capitol in a sea of hydrilla.

pennyan@slawecki.com

#3 pilotnomore

pilotnomore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:LIFE

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

:D Welcome Chief???? A dumb sugestion for you on your gauges that are disfunctional. If the faces are in good shape and your trying to maintain orginal ya might try an avionics shop. These sparky type guys are pretty good at repairing obsolete gauges in aircraft so they might be able to give you a rebirth on your tired gauges. But it's like everyhting else. At what cost? Google Avionics repair pick one and give'em a call and if nothing else maybe they can point you in the right direction. Good Luck and once again WELCOME ABOARD. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The oPYnions expressed within the PY A&C BOC forum are those of their respective members,
not necessarily those of the club's membership as a whole. Your discretion is advised and appreciated

While we strive to ensure that individuals who offer items for sale or trade are legitimate,
the PY A&C BOC cannot/will not be held responsible for any monetary transactions or trades made via this Forum.